What are the Factors that Cause Aging When Using Stainless Steel Mesh Belt in Summer?
Jul. 23, 2020
The stainless steel mesh belt should take the development path of
technological innovation. The Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Supplier only needs to
increase the investment in skills, change the development thinking, and
structure the industry to innovate. The most effective way should be to make
certain improvements according to the characteristics of the product. For the
problems in use, find ways to overcome them. The best case is to solve them. If
they cannot be completely solved, they should be avoided according to the actual
situation. The problem.
The following factors cause the aging of the stainless steel mesh belt as follows:
1. Oxygen: Oxygen undergoes a free radical chain reaction with rubber molecules in the rubber, and the molecular chain is broken or excessively cross-linked, causing changes in rubber properties. Oxidation is one of the important reasons for rubber aging.
2. The chemical activity of ozone and ozone is much higher than that of oxygen, and it is more destructive. It also breaks the molecular chain, but the effect of ozone on rubber varies with whether the rubber is deformed or not. When used as deformed rubber (mainly unsaturated rubber), cracks perpendicular to the direction of stress action appear, so-called "ozone cracks"; when applied to deformed rubber, only an oxide film is formed on the surface without cracks.
3. Heat: Increasing the temperature can cause thermal cracking or thermal crosslinking of the rubber. But the basic function of heat is activation. Increase the oxygen diffusion rate and activate the oxidation reaction, thereby accelerating the rubber oxidation reaction rate, which is a common aging phenomenon-thermal oxygen aging.
4. Light: The shorter the light wave, the greater the energy. The damage to rubber is the higher energy ultraviolet rays. In addition to the direct rupture and cross-linking of the rubber molecular chain caused by ultraviolet rays, the rubber generates free radicals due to the absorption of light energy, which initiates and accelerates the oxidation chain reaction process. Ultraviolet light plays a heating role.
5. Mechanical stress: The stainless steel mesh belt under repeated mechanical stress and constant friction with the idler will break the rubber molecular chain to generate free radicals, trigger oxidation chain reactions, and form a mechanochemical process. Mechanical breaking of molecular chains and mechanical activation of oxidation process. Which one can have the advantage depends on the conditions. In addition, it is easy to cause ozone cracking under stress.
6. Moisture: The role of moisture has two aspects: rubber is easily destroyed when wet air is rained or soaked in water. This is because the water-soluble substances and clear water groups in the rubber are extracted and dissolved by water. Caused by hydrolysis or absorption.
Our company also has Copper Mesh on sale, welcome to contact us.